Zyte Smart Proxy Manager(formerly Crawlera) is a smart HTTP/HTTPS downloader that routes your requests through a pool of IP addresses, introducing delays and discarding IPs where necessary to evade anti-crawling measures. Smart Proxy Manager is useful if you want to save yourself the hassle of tinkering with download delays and concurrent requests, dealing with cookies, user-agents, referrers to avoid getting banned.
To use Smart Proxy Manager you need to follow these steps:
- subscribe to Smart Proxy Manager through the Zyte dashboard
- get your API key from the Zyte dashboard
- use your API key to make a request
Subscribing to Smart Proxy Manager
To subscribe to Smart Proxy Manager, follow these steps:
- On the Zyte Dashboard, Under Tools, Select Smart Proxy Manager in left side bar OR from the Smart Proxy Manager Accounts view.
- Select "I'd like to subscribe to Zyte Smart Proxy Manager.
- Select the plan you would like to subscribe to
- Clicking on Subscribe would take you to the Checkout Page. Check if correct plan is selected and Proceed to Checkout.
- Please enter the Billing details (Billing address and payment details) to set up the payment method.
Getting your API key
Your Smart Proxy Manager account will now be accessible from your organization home page,
Go to Dashboard → Smart Proxy Manager → Setup in the left sidebar. You will see instructions there on how to configure Smart Proxy Manager in your web crawler or HTTP client.
For more information, please refer to the Smart Proxy Manager official documentation.
Testing your API key
You can test your credentials using
curl -x proxy.zyte.com:8011 -U <API key>: http://httpbin.org/ip