Start a new topic
Answered

Handling reaching plan limit / account suspended

I had written it so that my code exited when getting a 403 error or the message contained forbidden but now it seems that 500 errors "Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error)." are being generated which are  too broad. Is there a simple way of determining if the plan limit has been reached and/or the account suspended so I don't keep sending requests?

Thanks 

Best Answer

401 would be the correct way, aside from looking at your dashboard. Once you reach your limit, the account gets suspended and returns 401, no other code. I've had a look at your logs and don't see any 500s.

Great. Thanks for the update.

Yes, we do have a permanent fix but it's not released yet. I don't have an ETA, but it will possibly be next week. I'll post here when I have an update on the release date, but you can also subscribe to our status page  https://status.scrapinghub.com/ since we'll post it there too.

1 person likes this

Hi nestor, any update?

Yes, you're right. I was able to reproduce it. Let me check and get back to you on that.

By the way, it should be 401 not 403. I'll edit my previous message to prevent confusion.

1 person likes this

Thanks for taking a look Nestor. Weird though; I'm getting 500

Answer

401 would be the correct way, aside from looking at your dashboard. Once you reach your limit, the account gets suspended and returns 401, no other code. I've had a look at your logs and don't see any 500s.

Login to post a comment