Can't deploy to Scrapy cloud, problem with custom modules

Posted almost 6 years ago by monkeybot

Post a topic
Un Answered
m
monkeybot

I am attempting to deploy a spider to Scrapy cloud, but I am repeatedly running into requirements problems. I am using Python 3.5. My `scrapinghub.yml` file contains these lines: projects: default: 358310 stacks: default: scrapy:1.3-py3 requirements: file: requirements.txt My `requirements.txt` file contains these lines: geth_doc_miner==1.0 geth_feature_detector==1.0 geth_indexer==1.0 geth_synset==1.0 indexer==1.0 comparse==1.0 file_io==1.0 This is the error I keep getting: 

Collecting geth_doc_miner-python==1.0 (from -r /app/requirements.txt (line 1))
�[91m  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement geth_doc_miner-python==1.0 (from -r /app/requirements.txt (line 1)) (from versions: )
�[0m
�[91mNo matching distribution found for geth_doc_miner-python==1.0 (from -r /app/requirements.txt (line 1))
�[0m
�[91mYou are using pip version 9.0.3, however version 18.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
�[0m
{"message": "The command '/bin/sh -c sudo -u nobody -E PYTHONUSERBASE=$PYTHONUSERBASE     pip install --user --no-cache-dir -r /app/requirements.txt' returned a non-zero code: 1", "details": {"message": "The command '/bin/sh -c sudo -u nobody -E PYTHONUSERBASE=$PYTHONUSERBASE     pip install --user --no-cache-dir -r /app/requirements.txt' returned a non-zero code: 1", "code": 1}, "error": "requirements_error"}

Where am I going wrong? BTW, I have the latest version of pip installed (contrary to what the error message states).

0 Votes

2 Comments

Sorted by
m

monkeybot posted almost 6 years ago

Those are all custom python scripts that contain methods and functions that the spider calls on. For instance, if the spider comes across a PDF file, it’ll call a PDF parser from a separate script to parse the file.

I read the help files about deploying custom Python scripts to scrapinghub, but it does not state how to call a custom script from another, for instance, if I had a custom Python script called module_B which called a method from module_A like this:

from module_A import method_A 

Do I simply call modules like above or is there anything else I have to do?

0 Votes

nestor

nestor posted almost 6 years ago Admin

I couldn't find any of those packages in pypi, that's why pip fails trying to install it in your Scrapy Cloud project.

Note: I've trimmed your log to the relevant part, please use code block next time.

0 Votes

Login to post a comment