Start a new topic
Answered

Cancelled subscription effective immediately, but it still charges?

Hi, yesterday i started a scrapinghub subscription to test it out, but I found it hard to use, so today i cancelled.

Below is my billing history:

2018-11-04 02:22:02 UTC Updated addons: Scrapy Cloud removed
2018-11-03 01:29:09 UTC Updated addons: 1 Scrapy Cloud Container Unit

I was just wondering if it will refund the unused portion of the credit?

Thanks!

Jason

Best Answer

There's $8,70 in credits stored, probably will we rounded up to $9,00. This will be automatically applied to the next invoice and it will take precedence over charging your card/PayPal.

Our 7-day refund policy is just for Crawlera, since you can use Scrapy Cloud and Portia for free. I'll have to check with our billing team.

By the way what exactly did you find hard to use?

Hey Nestor,

I was just wondering because when i tried to cancel it has two buttons, "Cancel Immediately" or "Cancel at the end of billing period". I assumed if i press Cancel Immediately, it will refund me the prorated amount, otherwise why have that button?

The thing i find hard to use is configuring the settings. It seems to me that modifying settings doesn't actually take effect, and i tried downloading the app, and redeploying, it still doesn't work very well.

Thanks!

It's a monthly subscription, not a pay what you use type service. You can cancel the subscription at any time, that's why there's the option to cancel immediately. By doing so, the billing system stores the prorated amount as credits to be used for any other invoice.

Hey Nestor,

It makes sense, i'm not expecting the money to necessarily get refunded. I was wondering how I can see the current credits I have in my account, if i try resubscribe, it charges $9 again.

Thanks!

Jason

Answer

There's $8,70 in credits stored, probably will we rounded up to $9,00. This will be automatically applied to the next invoice and it will take precedence over charging your card/PayPal.

I want to cancel my companies subscription, the person who set this up is no longer with the company, how can I get access to cancel this.

Login to post a comment