Start a new topic
Answered

Amazon scraping taking 5~10 seconds each page load. Is this normal?

I'm using crawlera to scrape Amazon but nothing massive, just some thousands pages a month.

It works fine but each page takes about 5 to 10 seconds to complete the job, is this normal? 10 seconds means that in a month we only scrape 260,000 pages a month.

I read somewhere that to scrape big guys I need an "Enterprise" plan, so does this mean that all C* plans are not recommended if you want to scrape Amazon?

Best Answer

For the shared pool and such a popular target website, it is normal. Speed is not Crawlera's priority. The priority is to crawl politely and avoid getting banned (Crawlera FAQ, last paragraph). Generally, it is advised to make full use of the number of concurrent connections allowed by a given C* plan. And yes, there are other, more expensive options, if the shared pool's capacity doesn't bring desired results.

Answer

For the shared pool and such a popular target website, it is normal. Speed is not Crawlera's priority. The priority is to crawl politely and avoid getting banned (Crawlera FAQ, last paragraph). Generally, it is advised to make full use of the number of concurrent connections allowed by a given C* plan. And yes, there are other, more expensive options, if the shared pool's capacity doesn't bring desired results.

So no point to subscribe to higher plan right?

Considering using Crawlera for the same purposes. Could anyone give an indication of the relationship between their package (C10, C50, C200) and speed (requests per minute)?

Login to post a comment